Ceramics Surface Design Week
This digital series of ceramic surface design workshops is from February 16 – 19, 2 – 4 pm (AST). In the workshops, you will discover new techniques, update and hone your ceramics skills while networking with leading Canadian ceramicists.
For a full description of each course and to register, please visit: Ceramics Surface Design Workshop
Tuesday, Feb. 16: Custom Bisque Molds & Stamp Making by Natalie Waddell
• Learn how to create custom bisque slump and hump molds & stamps, both on and off the wheel to create custom textures and surfaces that suit your creative vision.
Wednesday, Feb. 17: Printing Techniques on Clay by Cathy Terepocki
The course will cover:
• Commercial decals: traditional and contemporary applications of low-temperature, overglaze decals including vintage decals, solid colour sheets, and metallics underglaze transfers.
• Plaster transfer: screen-printing, painting, or other low-tech methods of decorating wet clay.
Thursday, Feb. 18: Historical Approaches to Narrative Imagery and the Majolica Technique by Lindsay Montgomery
This course will cover:
• Historical approaches to narrative imagery and working with historical sources.
• Maiolica painting, drawing, and forms.
• 30-minute demo of her Maiolica techniques.
Friday, Feb. 19: Sgraffito, Mishima, and Wax Resist Exploration by Sera Senakovicz
• Demo on Ceramic decorating techniques: sgraffito, Mishima and wax resist.
• Participants will try to coat, carve and draw into their own pots with Sera’s assistance.
Broaden your art practice or speed up your production by signing up today! Click here to sign up: Ceramics Surface Design Workshop
If you have any questions or would like to sign up directly, please contact Laura Collinet at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 539-7491 EXT. 116.