Promoting vibrancy in the arts generates a powerful positive self-image for our community, and particularly our children. By providing opportunities to experience art and culture on the Island, we offer a high quality of life for residents.
A supportive community equals a growing community and the arts have the power to connect community and empower the people within it.
Your support allows the Centre to:
- Continue to be a leader in the arts and cultural community of Cape Breton offering wonderful opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to be immersed in the creative and stimulating world of craft and design.
- Become award winners for our Experience the Creative Island campaign which caught the eye and kudos of our local and provincial tourism partners.
- Be the leader in organizing and hosting the successful Growing a Creative Economy, A Conference for Creativity, Collaboration & Change.
- Continue to grow and develop our partnership with Nova Scotia College for Art & Design University to prepare high school students for post-secondary education in the arts and be a home for graduates as they continue to develop their creative practices.
- Maintain state of the art studio spaces where tomorrow’s artisans throw their first pots, get comfortable with the brush and pencil, learn to solder and fuse, and get a feel for the rhythm of the loom.
- Allow little hands to get creative during our popular day camps and other youth programs as they learn about the cultural heritage of craft and design.
We are proud of our accomplishments and hope you share in that pride. Your financial support is appreciated.
Sponsoring an exhibition, a workshop, special event or program at the Centre is a great way to show your support for the arts in your community. Want to learn more about sponsorship opportunities? We’ve got great ideas for your organization, contact us today.
902 539 7491 ext 113
To discuss putting money aside to invest in an endowment for a designated purpose of your choice at the Cape Breton Centre for Craft & Design, please contact Lori Burke.
902 539 7491 ext 113