CAPE BRETON CENTRE FOR CRAFT & DESIGN
BRANDING AND STORYTELLING GRANT
Cape Breton Centre for Craft & Design (CBCCD) may provide financial assistance to Unama’ki-Cape Breton craft producers who wish to develop their branding or further develop existing branding to meet current market demands. Participation is limited due to funding.
· Applicants must contract a Unama’ki-Cape Breton company for the development of their branding.
provide quotes from two (2) Unama’ki-Cape Breton based suppliers, indicate
the preferred supplier from the quotes received. If a supplier cannot provide
the service in Cape Breton, please contact the Business Development Coordinator
to discuss options.
Eligibility – Who can apply?
· Must be a craft producer based in Unama’ki-Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. Women-owned businesses as well as persons or businesses identifying as Mik’maq, BIPOC, LGBTQ2S or with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
· May not have received funding for a similar project from Cape Breton Centre for Craft & Design in the last 3 years.
· Must be a member in good standing of the Cape Breton Centre for Craft & Design
· Design fees for the development of new branding for the promotion of a line of one of a kind or craft products. This can include logo design, packaging prototyping for example.
· Production of promotional content, including product photography or videography to promote the artist’s business and practice online.
· The level of non-repayable assistance will be up to 75% of costs to a maximum of $2000.00.
· Project must be carried out in compliance with contract time frame and invoicing complete before agreed end date.
associated with the development of branding materials or new labeling for a
product (excluding printing and distribution).
HOW TO QUALIFY?
HOW TO APPLY?
will be assessed on need, ability to demonstrate market readiness and
contributions to the aesthetic, material or cultural diversity of purchasable
Cape Breton crafts available for export. Applicants will be advised of the
results of their application within 14 days of their application submission. Applicants
will only be selected for a maximum of 2 funding programs per application
deadline. Maximum funding percentage (75%) of project costs is not guaranteed. Funding
is limited and not guaranteed.
Submit all files to:
Craft Business Development Coordinator
Cape Breton Centre for Craft & Design
Box 1686, 322 Charlotte Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia
 Member in good standing is a member who is in full compliance with the organizations objectives as outlined in its Memorandum of Association; is up to date on their membership dues and who has not in any way acted in a manner which is potentially damaging to the society.