Customs House Artisan Incubator
Are you looking to start or grow your contemporary craft business?
In Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia, Customs House Artisan Incubator provides a space that cushions participants from the risks of starting a craft business. Through a fully equipped affordable studio space, business and technique guidance and mentorship, and sales and marketing opportunities, you can go from the dream or the start-up stage to a full-time reality. The program is specifically tailored to support your first steps or expanding your business growth.
- 24-hours a day, 365 per year access to a 1500 square-foot accessible building.
- Shared, fully equipped affordable studio space.
- All studios have running water and natural light.
- Year-round retail space for craft sales with point-of-sale system.
- Public washroom with a washer & dryer set.
- High speed wireless Internet.
- Access to adobe programs and a photography light box.
- Business & technical mentorship
- Trade-show and market practice & opportunities
- Sales & marketing opportunities
- One-to-one business support
- Workshops & seminars provided by our in-house team alongside a panel of industry experts
To qualify, individuals must:
- Be new or emerging craftspeople with design and technical skills.
- Show talent and innovation.
- Want a full-time career as a professional craftsperson.
- Have at least the beginnings of a marketable craft product line with the potential for creative and technical development.
- Ability to work without a studio technician, and to problem-solve technical issues with equipment.
This is an open call for artists, craftspeople, craft practitioners, and artisans.
Depending on the Covid-19 provincial regulations, the Centre can help you find a place to do the two-week self-isolation and make be able to help you financially.
Not sure if you should apply? Contact Laura Collinet at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.